This is a World Wide Web site for official information about biometrics and the Biometrics Identity Management Agency. The Biometrics Identity Management Agency provides this site as a public service for the purpose of providing information about Biometrics Identity Management Agency to the general public. All information on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. However, we request that any use of such information be properly credited to Biometrics Identity Management Agency.
We take seriously our responsibility for making accessible web content and software. We are committed to promoting accessibility for people with disabilities and meet current accessibility standards, including those defined by the Section 508 website of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. We actively engage in periodic testing of our website to verify compliance with current accessibility standards. If you would like to see further improvements in our accessibility, please send an email to BIMA, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site has been tested and proven to function as intended in the current versions of the most commonly used browser software. If you have difficulty viewing this site, please download the most recent version of your preferred web browser.
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by Biometrics Identity Management Agency for the information, products, or services contained therein. Biometrics Identity Management Agency does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this Biometrics Identity Management Agency Website.
- This Website, the Department of Defense Biometrics Website (DBW) located at www.biometrics.mil, is provided as a public service by Department of Defense (DoD) Biometrics.
- Information presented on www.biometrics.mil is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. We request that any use of such information be properly credited to Biometrics Identity Management Agency.
- We collect information on site use for statistical purposes. This Government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this Government computer system employs software programs that monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- Cookie Disclaimer - www.biometrics.mil does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). www.biometrics.mil may use session cookies that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. The Department of Defense DOES NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the BIMA at email@example.com
More information can be found at the following links: